Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bottom end put together and need to torque, threebonded and all. I've been watching a rebuild series on youtube and of course the guy leaves out the torque specs. Can't find in the service manual either. Please help!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
What bike? We can assume it's a 350 from your username but it is still helpful to mention the specific model either in your post or in your signature.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 8mm bolts torqued at 16 ft/lbs and the 6mm torqued at 7 ft/lbs based on specs I saw based on bolt diameter.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I think I've heard of this before on other Honda bikes and I think you're on the correct line of thinking that the general torque specs by bolt diameter will apply here. Just be sure not to confuse bolt head size with bolt diameter.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Since they are ball and roller bearing bottom ends, I've just tightened the cases on the twins with a good feel by hand as you would do with any bolt in a standard situation. In this case, it's not like torqueing a plain bearing rod bolt or the nuts on head studs. Honda crankcases are well machined and as long as you don't do anything grossly out of whack during assembly, they stay together and don't leak

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I agree with TOM and do mine like head bolts moving from side to side a little at a time. Not needed just how I do it.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts