Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a database somewhere of wheel hub measurements? I've seen a list before of fork diameters at dotheton. Anyone know?

I'm particularly interested in the specs of CM200t.

Front rim is 1.6"x17"x36 holes and the rear 1.85"x16"x36 holes (correct me If I'm wrong. Also, I know there are cm owners here). Will the rear 16" rim lace up to the front hub?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I don't think there's a database of hub measurements online anywhere, your best bet would be to find someone who has that bike and ask for some measurements.

I don't know just how close the cm200t hub was to the 250 Nighthawk, but they do use the same front brake shoes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there's a database of hub measurements online anywhere, your best bet would be to find someone who has that bike and ask for some measurements.

I don't know just how close the cm200t hub was to the 250 Nighthawk, but they do use the same front brake shoes.
Ah man you caught me here. I was looking into more options for wheel size.

The front 1.6x17 rim from cm185/200t fits the nighthawk front hub exactly! In fact they are the same part number. Also really easy and cheap to find on eBay.

But 1.6 in front with a 2.5 in the back might look weird. So I am trying to figure out if the 1.85x16 from the rear of cm would lace up front. That would be really cool. Two 16” rims with width similar to factory. [Still not letting go of this idea?]

I think I posted on the non CM category, is there a way to move this to the post to the appropriate location?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'll be lacing up a 1.85x18 to the rear of one of my partsbikes in an upcoming project. You can lace up pretty much anything you want as long as your tire size fits between the forks and you can make a fender work.

Edit: actually being able to buy tires to fit your choice of rims is a prerequisite to any resizing decision.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
The rim widths your talking about are WM1, WM2 and WM3. You would be better off deciding what size tyres you want (or are available) front and rear then looking at correct rim for tyre size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts