Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Have heard mixed reviews about the beads at slow speeds..
A friend of mine that rides long distance, asked me about this one product that is NOT a slime but similar in the sense it ballences a tire, stays in place (doesn't settle) and will seal punctures. YES. Tubed and tubeless, I'll see if I can find it
I think it was called "Ride on"...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
At slow speeds how would you tell if the beads are affecting the balance? At slow speeds, it would be hard to tell if a wheel is out of balance. I have been using them for years and also installing them on all my customers' bikes and never had anyone complain about them. One of the few products I will swear by.
TOOLS

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check the ride on product. TOOLS1 how do I calculate the amount of beads for each tire?

LGR

·
Banned
854 Posts
The instructions that come with the beads tell you how much you need. It depends on the size of your tires. Most vintage tires need less than modern sport bike tires.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have no idea... it was what I read in another forum/thread about wheel balancing...,a lot of people do like the beads, and if I'm correct they CAN be used in tube tires also..(remove the schrader valve).
Just passing on info .. good, bad, indifferent...
Myself, havnt used anything ...YET..
I'll be making notes from this thread..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Will keep it in mind..,I friggn HATE the weights on wheels..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. It will be awhile before I try beads or ride on. I just posted the progress of the CB175. I am leaning towards the Ride On. I'll do more investigating before that time. If anyone tries either one please post the outcome.
Later
LGR

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I've never bothered with wheel balance on any of my 175's, either now or back in the day, just putting the dot on the tyre nearest to the valve has always been sufficient for me. It'd really have to be badly out of balance to be a problem at 175 speed. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing balance weights ( the kind that fit around the base of a spoke ) on a 175 or 250.

Obviously, the wheels on my 600 are balanced, using car style stick on weights on the wheel rim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts