Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off a ? for air box's, that mounting bolt thru the middle, it appears there are two different lengths, which one for which side? I only had one and I found a set with both, thanks devilchkn. Also the rubber that goes on the backs, anyone use something besides the rubbers? I'm thinking of folding over Gorilla tape on both sides till it's a snug fit. Mine is a K5 and had 145 main jets, I have a set of 150's also. If I go with pod's I will probably spring for K&N's, is it pretty much a crap shoot weather either of these will work good and what about the slow jets, might I need to change them too? Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I’m not 100% sure but I think those bolts are the same length for either side. Just looked at cmsnl parts diagram and it shows the same part number for both bolts. As for the rubber, are you referring to the ones for the crossover tube? Cheap replacements are here: https://scrambler-cycle.myshopify.c...air-filter-joint-tube-set-17213-292-000-repro
Ive read where Someone once tried using part of an old fork gaiter in place of these. I’m not sure if that worked or not though. I’d be skeptical that tape would seal properly. I can’t offer any info or opinion on pods for your bike.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the leads on those guys, and the bolts are two different lengths, one is about 1/2" shorter than the other, I have both. I'll fit and refit till I figure something out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts