Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally have started to dig into this bike, achieved spark and now plan to rebuild the carbs. The guy I bought it from said it was a 69, DMV registered it as a 65 based on the vin. Carb rebuild kits are different between the the years 65-68 and 69-71. Someone on this forum hopefully knows by eyeballing the bike. I know the front end is off a newer CB due to the front disk. If someone could also ID this for me as well would be very helpful as it needs parts. I would love to get the oringal front end but not holding my breath.

I hope to get it on the road and possibly in a few vintage races. I am a Triumph guy coming over to the dark side...

Thanks in advance :D

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive wheel system
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think its a four speed bomber, it has the older style upper case, the '65 year sounds like it could be about right.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I think its a four speed bomber, it has the older style upper case, the '65 year sounds like it could be about right.
the VIN will tell the story if he posts it... looks that way to me too, the frame and other stuff looks right. front end has been changed obviously. to have a Bomber just sitting there and finally getting around to it... man *drool* :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I bought the proper forks and wheel (thank you pemdoc65) I'm committed now. Trees were cut to accomidate the disk front end. Have to get those next. Anybody have a good source for wear items - break pads, cables, carb parts etc.?

I was mistaken the title say its a 67. Here is the Vin - CB450E1013120

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I bought the proper forks and wheel (thank you pemdoc65) I'm committed now. Trees were cut to accomidate the disk front end. Have to get those next. Anybody have a good source for wear items - break pads, cables, carb parts etc.?

I was mistaken the title say its a 67. Here is the Vin - CB450E1013120
I'd say the title is probably correct. The book puts it in K0 range, the 3 year span from '65 to '68 - no deeper breakdown than that in the book

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Frame gas tank, rear mudguard and engine are K0, late, probably 66 or 67, front end is newer, but headlight bucket and speedo are K0. Rear wheel is Ko, front wheel newer. Carbs are K0, side covers are not.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The sidecovers are not only from a later model, they are also installed bass ackwards.

Reactions: ancientdad
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.