Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Impossible to tell from that picture, do you have a frame #?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunately no tag on the wiring harness i can see. on the coil it says FL807 6V 82. could that be something?
Frame# CD125-2056288
Engine#CB125E-4059310

Now i did get this bike in complete parts so who knows if the engine is even the one that came on this frame. Are there any marking or variations on the engine that could help figure out year range?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Probably about 1970 or 1971. A CD125 is a low price version with a four speed transmission, and CB has 5 speeds. Someone swapped engines, because you have a CB engine and a CD frame. If you want a museum piece that's a problem, but if you want a runner, you're probably better off.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
OK, I will bite, if the parts are put together will the bike look like this?

1983_Honda_CD125TC_Benly.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Looks like you have a genuine Bitsa. The frame number throws me off. The engine seems to be a late 60s CB125 K. The frame looks like that too, but must be a UK model. I don't recognize the tank. With that suspension, how does the chain line up? Good luck with your build, keep us posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tank and frame is in fact a CD125 so originally had full fairings and such. From my understanding the engine used in those bike was a CB motor, but of course I want to either replace the rings or even rebore for larger piston. Just don't want to be buying parts not actually knowing what year engine incase I order the wrong things.
Chain is slightly off. Awaiting a new chain to then modify sprocket mounting to align it all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts