Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About done with the upgrade, just waiting for the new part to arrive. Will a 15 amp fuse be sufficient?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Depends on how many amps your bike will need to operate, and the size of the wire that supplies electricity to the components. How many lights and other accessories are you planning on running? 15 amps is more than enough for a fully accessorized Gold Wing.
TOOLS

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing over standard items...headlight, turn signals, tail light, horn. Headlight & tail/brake light are LED's but I don't know what wattage headlight is, could be the same 35w as stock. Highest amp in the fuse box is 15. I have a 10 amp. Assuming all electrical is in good shape, if I use the 10 and it blows then it wasn't enough, right?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
15 amps x 12 volts= 360 watts, that's plenty of capacity. I like to wire in a second fuse, between the alternator output and the battery, I can pull the fuse when I hook up the battery charger so current won't back feed into the regulator.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15 amps x 12 volts= 360 watts, that's plenty of capacity. I like to wire in a second fuse, between the alternator output and the battery, I can pull the fuse when I hook up the battery charger so current won't back feed into the regulator.
Cool. What does backfeeding into the regulator do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts