Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on not using my starter and just go with the kick start instead. the question I have is what size battery can i go with? Currently i have a 12A-A battery so its a 12 amp, 12 volt battery. Im just looking for the smallest battery that will do the job so it can fit behind the seat. I found these TekBatteries online which are the smallest i could find. However i don't know how many amps or volts that is required. I can wire the bike but i just don't know the physics behind how many volts and amps i need etc...Any help? Cheers.

PHIL from Canada
www.pvsdesigncaferacer.blogspot.com

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
You'll need a 12 Volt battery whose amperage rating roughly equals (but slightly exceeds) the number of amps the remaining components draw......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks i think i get it now, I'll find out how much the head light, turn signals etc combine equals and just find a battery according to that answer. I'm making my own brake light and rear turn signals using LED so i should be able to figure that out once i add all of them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Watts/Volts=A give youself a margin of error, brake light, horn, turn signals and headlight high beam all going at once = starting place for how many Amp draw you will have

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
AGM batteries are smaller than conventional wet cell batteries and they last longer plus they hold way more cranking amps too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys

i totally forgot what i learn in physics class back in high school. it all came to mind after seeing that chart, thanks again for the advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts