Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that after less than a year of riding, the Duro tire I had put on the rear of my '73 CL350 is almost due to be replaced.
I'm not sure how to find out what tires suit what riding style, so I'd love some advice on what to look for. I ended up with the Duro because it was all the shop had available in my size, and since it's due for a change after less than a year of riding I don't think I wanna go that route again.
I do about 90% street riding, but sometimes I can't resist a dirt road. The highways terrify me on this little bike, but they still make up maybe 40% of my time on the street. I'm also a heavy guy and carry a lot of junk on my bike like groceries, tools, and bass amps.
What kinda tires would you folks suggest to keep me upright and not in a position to replace them right away?
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Dunlop K70...old school chunky look, but great on the street and gravel/dirt too. even work well in the rain.
There's good reason they're still around......

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I had a set of shinkos that got me around, rain or shine. 70mph rating but took it to 75+ here and there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have Michelin Sirac tires on an enduro bike (Morini Kanguro). I am very pleased with them. They give lots of grip, and become really soft when warmed up. And they do not wear much with my bike (but it is a very light bike). Also good in rain, and okay for dirt roads.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys.
Where do you order your tires from? I just checked Revzilla and the Shinko tires are the only ones mentioned here that I can find. It doesn't seem like the Dunlop K70s are even made in the 3.50-18 that I believe is my rear tire size.
I do like the price of the Shinkos but I'm hesitant to cut cost on something that important.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Thanks, guys.
Where do you order your tires from? I just checked Revzilla and the Shinko tires are the only ones mentioned here that I can find. It doesn't seem like the Dunlop K70s are even made in the 3.50-18 that I believe is my rear tire size.
I do like the price of the Shinkos but I'm hesitant to cut cost on something that important.

The Dunlop 4.00x18 would work and look fine.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I usually get irc tires, they seem to wear out pretty fast but I don't put a lot of miles on either. I think tires should be replaced every two years which is what I do. If I rode more I'd replace em every year. For me, they are good for the price I figure.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Gremson you may want to read the sticky at the top of this section re tire sizes.

I have the Shinko tires and think they are better quality than the Duro tires. How long they will last compared to the Duro I don't know.

Go directly to the mfg website to see their options.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Good to know. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to going with that size? I assume it's wider?

It is a bit wider, but shouldn't cause any problems in that context.
It will actually look better, as most folks think the stock size looks weirdly smallish.
I suppose purists will claim it affects the handling some - I reckon that's true to an extent, but unless you're road racing on a circuit it shouldn't matter much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts