Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1973 Honda CB175

Bought the bike, ran fine. needed some stuff - cables, tires and tubes, chain, paint, cleaning.
I put new NGK plugs in, changed the oil, drained the gas, put new gas in and did all the above.

went to start it, and no go.... would only start at full choke, full throttle, and then wasnt running right. would die out right away.

pulled the carbs, cleaned them. same result. bought a new set of OEMSTD carbs, installed. same result.

pulled the plugs, good spark on both.... one plug was black, the other still looked brand new.
i cleaned out the petcock, and drained the gas again, put new gas lines on it... but havent tried to fire it up again....

its kinda cold here right now in Colorado... so figured i could wait.

any help? whats with this problem? i think most carb issues are ruled out since i swapped them (stuck float, stuck needle, whatever).

thanks!

Will

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Is it timed and gapped correctly? As for the carbs I'd put the originals back on.( there's settings for original carbs) Did you sync the carbs? How old is the battery? I'm guessing it's only running on the side with the fouled plug, the clean one might not be firing at all.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Would need to know more about your bike to diagnose properly.

Are you running with stock airbox?
Stock exhaust?
Did you check your ignition timing?
Did you sync the carbs?
Are you getting fuel to both carbs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.