Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the oil in my 350. I had it done when I first got the bike as part of an initial tune-up, but now I am going to do it myself.

What do you guys reccommend for oil?

Thanks in advance,
Woody

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Woody.... Opinions Vary.... Other than "clean oil" of the proper weight, you pretty much just have to choose for yourself......

·
Registered
363 Posts
as long as you avoid the energy saving (full synthetics etc) auto oils your clutch should be ok, stick to deisel spec oils and motorcycle specific (4t)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Last time I used Autozone store brand stuff in the recommended weight.
Since I own a diesel truck & even the motorcycle manufacturers often suggest diesel oils,
I am going to use Shell Rotella T 5w40 synthetic in my CB360 this time so i can use the same oil in all my vehicles.
As long as the oil is not labeled "energy conserving" in the API symbol you should be ok.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Steve's right on this. You just have to pick one out for yourself. I use only Mobile1 products myself. In load and sheer tests Mobile1 synthetic outperformed all other brands of oil. I used to be a member of an oil forum years back, and all these guys ever did (it seemed) was to test various oils in a multitude of ways. Very scientific though. :ugeek:

Personally I'd stay away from synthetics in your bike though unless it's a new model..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have come to find that semi synthetic Castrol GTX will cause leaks in my CL350.
So stay away from synthetic oils but, stay with motorcycle specific oil.
I use Amsoil in my Blackbird and in my CBX.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've heard the same complaint relative to switching oils on older bikes. I feels like if those old seals get older and are used to the thicker viscosities of 'dino' oils, when you switch to syns then you can develop leaks.

It ain't just the oils, it's what they might leak around. With new seals and other rubber bits, syns should not leak like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts