Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of those bronze swing arm bushings from my wife's cb350k4. I have it all torn down right now but before I put it back together I thought I'd ask if there is something special I should use or just some wheel bearing grease. I'm also changing the steering bearings and both hubs over to sealed from AllBalls.
Also where do I get a gun that fits the swing arm zurk? I checked and the gun I have doesn't work for some reason, maybe because it's a cheapo.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
stocker350 said:
Also where do I get a gun that fits the swing arm zurk? I checked and the gun I have doesn't work for some reason, maybe because it's a cheapo.
Thanks
Those zirk (sic) fittings are an odd size for today's grease guns. A normal grease gun can be made to work but it takes a little patience.

Another alternative is to use some pliers and pull the fitting our (it's just a pressed fit) and purchase the proper fitting at your local auto parts store (they're cheap). You'll have to tap the hole in the swing arm but it works great.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
+1 on Mike's suggestion - swap that fitting out for a normal one, only takes a minute.....

I normally use marine-grade grease on that stuff.
Not that I ever ride in the rain, but.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts