Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,
While changing inline fuel filters (1970 CL175) this red hard plastic tube fell from the bottom of the bike.
tube.jpg
I must have knocked it loose and it fell from inside the frame just forward of the stand. Smells a little oily. I can't for the life of me see anywhere it may have come from. Can anyone ID it and tell me where it goes? It's about 10 inches long.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. My battery vent tube is clear and in place as it should be. This red tube however came from the bottom of the bike right beside the battery tube. And it's quite rigid.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Perhaps the PO was using it as an extension of the carb overflow vent tubes? Seems like it's just big enough to squeeze the two small vent tubes into one end and then route the rest of the hard plastic tube to wherever was the desired drain/drip location?

Just a theory/guess on my part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'm not sure it was red to start with... I've seen bowl drain/overflow tubes replaced with clear tubing in the past and it first yellowed and then got darker, maybe from a lot of gas exposure if the carb was flooding a lot

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Battery vent tube, left over by a PO or the fill tube for the acid that fell in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts