Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere but I'm having difficulty in identifying a part on my rear wheel. I'm busy restoring / rebuilding a '79 CB250T and whilst taking the rear sprocket off to clean the wheel and replace the bearings I encountered this mysterious part which does not show up on the parts fische. :confused: It looks like a spacer and is located behind the rear sprocket.

Wheel.jpg

The part is quite severely worn and in fact it is broken so obviously needs to be replaced but I cannot identify it on the parts fische. Here is a detail close-up of the part.

Part.png

ID of the part is 65 mm.

Any advice?

Paul

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
It looks like the spacer for the rear sprocket, J-T. #9 is the dust seal. DSS has them for the 400/450 SOHC, but dunno if it'd be the same as the 250.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I think Dan is correct. From my trawling (and learning along the way) through the forum it looks like the 250 & 400 were virtually identical apart from the engines. I also found the following thread after I posted my question, and it seems to give me the answer I was looking for.

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/66-tires-wheels-brakes/25380-rear-sprocket-confusion-5.html

Now to find a local source for the spacer ..... it seems that all the parts I need are located in the USA or U.K. :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my cm450c - that spacer sheared in half and I didn't know what that thing was. I bought a rear sprocket on ebay for 20 bucks and tapped the spacer out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts