Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere but I'm having difficulty in identifying a part on my rear wheel. I'm busy restoring / rebuilding a '79 CB250T and whilst taking the rear sprocket off to clean the wheel and replace the bearings I encountered this mysterious part which does not show up on the parts fische. :confused: It looks like a spacer and is located behind the rear sprocket.

Tire Alloy wheel Wheel Automotive tire Rim

The part is quite severely worn and in fact it is broken so obviously needs to be replaced but I cannot identify it on the parts fische. Here is a detail close-up of the part.

Ring Metal Silver Fashion accessory Titanium ring

ID of the part is 65 mm.

Any advice?

Paul

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
It looks like the spacer for the rear sprocket, J-T. #9 is the dust seal. DSS has them for the 400/450 SOHC, but dunno if it'd be the same as the 250.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I think Dan is correct. From my trawling (and learning along the way) through the forum it looks like the 250 & 400 were virtually identical apart from the engines. I also found the following thread after I posted my question, and it seems to give me the answer I was looking for.

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/66-tires-wheels-brakes/25380-rear-sprocket-confusion-5.html

Now to find a local source for the spacer ..... it seems that all the parts I need are located in the USA or U.K. :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my cm450c - that spacer sheared in half and I didn't know what that thing was. I bought a rear sprocket on ebay for 20 bucks and tapped the spacer out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.