Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this? what is it? what does it do? where is it supposed to mount?
on a 1976 Honda CB500T the wires come out of the harness under the tank right where the black/white wire going to the coil comes out. I can't find it on any of the diagrams.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
L Prete said:
tbpmusic said:
That's the diode-thingy....won't start if it's bad.
Associated with the clutch and neutral switches.
thanks for the info...is it supposed to attach somewhere?
Can't answer that - only worked on a couple of 500T's, long ago in a universe far away (or so it seems now).....

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a little clip on the right side of the frame under the tank that it clips into.

Ignore any Clymer wiring diagrams you see for this bike, they are all DRASTICALLY incorrect for the starting system. I have a copy of the factory diagram, it's impossible to read the wire colors, but you can still trace the connections on it. I spent two weeks trying to figure out the estart wiring on mine, till I realized the Clymer diagrams are wrong.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have a pretty good handle on the wiring on the 500T now.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
For a simple explanation it's a one way valve, allowing current to pass one direction and not the other :) and this wiring digram should explain the need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts