Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, I'd again very much like to thank Dr Acula for this CM200T motorcycle.
I have recently installed rectangular mirrors from China, cost $15.
I found that the front sprocket 16T was easily replaced for an 18T with plenty of room to spare. Although it couldn't go even 1 tooth more. It works quite well, & doesn't touch the sides even at 65mph.
The engine revs much lower now. However, it still will not exceed 65mph, so, next I'm going to direct my attention towards carburation. It runs very well, it's just that I think that with 17HP, it should be at least equal to a 2nd generation Rebel which has 17HP. Any ideas as to top speed improvements?
(Other than the 'Correct' answer, "If you want more power, get a bigger bike!")

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,492 Posts

With this drive-train, the Honda CM 200 T is capable of reaching a maximum top speed of 119.0 km/h (73.9 mph) .

However, you changed the drivetrain so your speed will be less than spec. I know you don't agree with that... yet. LOL

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top speed before the gear change was 65 mph. Top speed afterwards with nothing else changed, remains the same. However, with a much more pleasant tone to the engine.
This bike has a single carb, I've read that it is supposed to have duals. Could this be the actual issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts