Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine is a 1972- K5? the carbs are 723 A's. Would the 150's be too rich for this motor? I guess 4 into 1 bought these kits, put their name on the bowl gasket and added a 150 jet. $8 dollars more is no big deal right, both free shipping but the 4 into 1 comes from San Fran rather than Taiwan. I heard someone on here state what quality stuff 4 into 1 had, I will probably go with their kit to get the other jet and get it shipped quicker. Oh yea when did the 450's go to 5 speeds (when the 150 jets were put in 723 B's) I think.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
According to my parts book, the standard size main jet is #140 for the K5; the #150 and other sizes are optional. In any case, unless damaged, you should never need to replace the jets, unless you are messing with the air cleaners.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the one in it is a 145 and I don't know if the PO had issues tuning it. The screw head is messed up a little, maybe I'll just clean them and see how it runs with that one. I have the original air boxes and filters that I'm going to use. When I got it it had no filters at all on it. The floats were set way too high and over flowing, right cylinder not firing but has spark. I'm trying to sort it all out.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts