Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
You may have to reset the "display posts from previous " (at the bottom of the page)to "ALL POSTS" to get back to the cross-overs listing...... Mine was set at "1 year" and I ended up on page 3......

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Certainteed said:
Thank you.

Sorry about missing the list I was a little inebriated when I posted :oops:
More than just the fork tubes themselves to worry about - like wheel spacing and brakes and fender, etc.

On the other hand, if you have an entire front end to swap as a unit, it would be easy......anything with 35mm tubes.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Your primary options would be a 500/4, 550/4 and SOHC 750/4 forks.... The side to side spacing is identical to the disc 450's (they even use the same wheel) and while there are minor discrepancies in overall fork leg length, it's nothing that you can't easily correct for...... My choice would be CB 750 F forks from 77/78/79...... But I tend to run drum brakes which eliminates some fabrication/modification.......

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Tube spacing will be the same, (trees control that,) but if you used... say, 35mm Yamaha 650 forks, there is no guarantee the width at the axle clamp would be identical to the Honda specs....
In the Honda trees, the Yammie tubes are closer together than they were on the 650... So you couldn't just use the stock 650 wheel, fender and spacers... and the brakes would be different spacing wise as well.......
There is NO such thing as ONE change... every change requires some additional adaptation....

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Tom...Center to center of what?...The tube spacing (width) in the stock 650 trees?
If so, I can measure tomorrow, BUT just like Hondas, there are year/brake style differences too....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts