Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says...

My CB200 needed better rear shocks right from the day it left the showroom. And it still has those same shocks on it! :oops:

So, what kind / brand / recommendations do you all like? That said, money IS always tight, and after all, it's mainly an econo-commuter, but still....

Thoughts, comments, recommendations? Who had a good price? Who had speedy delivery? Who had room for improvement?

Kirk

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Get some of those shocks off EBay - what are they called??

Red Wings, I think - I've never heard anything bad about them, and the price is right.
Twisted rubber bands would work as well as stock Honda shocks from our vintage.......

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tbpmusic said:
Twisted rubber bands would work as well as stock Honda shocks from our vintage.......

Boy, amen to that! Like riding a pogo stick. You can imagine these poor things - 35 years old, 15000 miles, on an econo-bike to begin with, trying to damp out my 215 lbs. going down the street... :lol: I just don't think it was EVER part of their design mission... :lol:

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I got lucky finding a pair of NOS Showa shocks for $52.00 on ebay to go on my Scrambler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts