Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me awhile to find one in decent rideable shape near enough that I could easily get it home. I found a 75 CB360T with ~8k original miles and in great running condition. The only thing it "needs" at this point is a replacement lens for the directional light and some diagnosis on the brake light.

Future fix-its include:
replace the mufflers with some quieter, closer to original looking models
have the seat reupholstered
Polish the engine cases
repair the cracked "fins" on the right side cover with some good resin
Start pulling small pieces one at a time and clean or refinish as needed.

My finished project will have this returned as close as possible to original appearance. I'm not so persnickety or hung up on details that I will throw barrels of money at it, but I do like a nice clean-looking older machine.

Any parts suppliers that you folks have worked with that are worth checking out?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Looks pretty nice as is, a good survivor for sure, especially with that mileage. Depends on what parts you're looking for but 4into1.com and David Silver Spares come to mind right away for a lot of OEM stuff. Finding factory mufflers for it will be more difficult, not sure if DSS carries them but they do for the 350 (360 pipes were upswept)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've ressurrected three of those and bought two running, one of which died by eating a valve (only one of two bikes ever died on me, both Hondas). I always wished I got to ride a 350 but as yet have never, the 360s were as close as I got. Nice little all around bike the 360, if it runs good will do most anything, but maybe heavy 2 up touring. I've rode them on the freeway 2up though, they handle it, don't like it and reve real hard but they can do it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say the northwest - there seems to be a lot of them around there
Yes, of my 360s (in WA) 3 have been blue, one red, one orange, another black but was blue underneath. The classic Honda metallic orange was my favorite of the colors.

You can't find any blue Nighthawks around here though, seems they were exclusively red and on occasion red white and blue Honda racing colors.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Well, I just had a feeling even though your location isn't available... the second time I was in Seattle, 2010 for my daughter's graduation - what a cool place it is - I saw this on the street, with less than 700 miles on it

2010-06-13 09.37.12.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I've ressurrected three of those and bought two running, one of which died by eating a valve (only one of two bikes ever died on me, both Hondas). I always wished I got to ride a 350 but as yet have never, the 360s were as close as I got. Nice little all around bike the 360, if it runs good will do most anything, but maybe heavy 2 up touring. I've rode them on the freeway 2up though, they handle it, don't like it and reve real hard but they can do it.
I bought a new one in '75. Got it from the Navy Exchange in Subic Bay NB in the Philippines, yep sold it in Washington. It took me and my pal from Fallon NV up to Lake Tahoe through Kingsbury NV Alt 7300'. We were running between 1st and 2nd gear, but we made it. Rode it back to Washington the next week (just me). Great bike, very close to a 350.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'm up in Cheesehead country. I think our colder winters tend to keep MC mileage lower as we only have about 7 good months of riding weather.
That too. Just something about the northwest that seemed to attract 360s there... I've often wondered if it had something to do with the military bases and the Pacific coast region, maybe servicemen bringing them home with them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts