Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty guys I'm not the bigest gear head and this is my first bike. In spite of that fact Im doing all the work on my own and learning as i go along so please be gentle as i try to fix my mistake this morning. 馃槄 She is a 70 CB450K3

I finally got the bike ready to go Minus some idle Issues ( I cant get the bike to keep running and idle.) I got the bike running this morning after my midnight shift. (its gonna be a good one) didn't realize i had not fully filled my rear tire I made it around my block and felt some slipping and here is my rear tire.

i am hoping not to have to take this in for a shop repair and it be something i can do at home and seat the tire?

Registered
That's the rim tape hanging out of the gap between tyre and rim. It's purpose is to protect the inner tube from the ends of the spokes. The wheel needs to come off, then the tyre. The rim, tyre, tube, and rim tape need to be examined for damage, before being put back on. This is a job you can do youself, but you will need a good pair of tyre levers to help you remove and replace the tyre. You should be able to find some youtube tutorials. Otherwise, see if someone on here who is local to you can come and teach you how to do it. It's not difficult, but there is a 'knack' to using tyre levers, and you have to be careful not to pinch the tube against the rim with the lever - First time I did this job (on my Triumph Tiger Cub when I was 15) I punctured the tube twice and had to take it of and patch it before I was successful. Good luck.

You say your engine isn't idling. You can probably find youtube tutorial for setting up your carb/s. You will need to set the idle fuel/air mixture, and I find the 'Colortune' device very helpful for this. It's a spark plug with a see-through insulator, that you temporarily replace a one of your plugs with in order to actually see the colour of the flames in your combustion chambers as you adjust the mixture screw. You need to do it in subdued light, so it's an evening job, but I find it works really well.

Registered
You said you rode it around like that, which means you possibly made the tire/tube try to slide around the rim. This could damage the connection between the valve stem and tube, so check it for leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts