Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, long story short-
I bought a collection of CL350s and one CB450 frame, intending to chop them all. They grew on me. Big time. Now I have a little mild custom project going on one, basically mechanically stock, minimized electrical, stripped to necessities. Cleaned carbs, after which it ran good. Shortly thereafter, it would idle fine, but if I revved it, the motor would just run away and not come back down, so I would have to use the kill switch. Now, as soon as it starts, it heads straight for WOT, and I have to shut it down. What gives? Please, for the love of GOD, don't tell me I need carb diaphragms. Sorry if this is a rookie question, I'm just confused. :x

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Assuming the throttle cable isn't hung up, You have an air leak somewhere (usually the rubber intake manifolds)..... Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
66Sprint said:
Assuming the throttle cable isn't hung up, You have an air leak somewhere (usually the rubber intake manifolds)..... Steve
If it is the boots, bike bandit still carries them, like 35 bucks each... it fixed some of my problems...

Novafrk

Eric

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
check your timing advancer as well?

·
Registered
14 Posts
maybe a dumb ? but does your carb use a slider? My cb200 did the same thing after i rebuilt mine. If you have carb sliders, make sure they are facing the correct way, check the screws for idle and mixture, maybe they are out of wack?...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.