Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting's Everyone! I am working on a CM400C that needed a little TLC. I adjusted valves to spec, and timing chain as it was making some noise, rebuilt the carbs, cleaned the tank and replaced fuel filter. Engine runs great until it warms [email protected] minutes, then it just stalls...no spark. Wait a few minutes for it to cool then it fires right up! So I have to believe that it is an electronic component may be failing when it gets hot. So far, I have replaced the coil, rectifier and CDI unit with known working ones, and still having the problem. All connections are clean and at this point I am baffled! The only component I have not yet replaced is the stator assy.
Any thought or suggestions are Greatly Appreciated!
Thankyou in Advance! :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Stator, while its still hot put a volt meter leads on the blue wire and the white wire coming from the stator crank it over it should read 10 volts plus.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Possible plugged fuel cap vent or fuel filter is too restrictive. Try starting it with the fuel cap loose.

Moved to SOHC section.

Welcome to the group.

Got pictures?:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CM400c.jpg The little blue cafe-racer out in front...cleared possible fuel issue's, so I will do the stator test or replacement today....otherwise, time to chasde the wiring Gremlin ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input Workdogz! I will give that a try today....otherwise I will have to ck ignition circuit wiring...it does have different control units on the handlebars for a Kaw EX500 as it also has EX500 carbs... so there may be wiring issue's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts