·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:!:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
..and make sure you zip your trousers all the way to the top, or you will encounter similar injuries on collision.... :lol:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
The prices kill me.

$1.20 for the latch - 0.1 Flat Rate hours (6 minutes, max) to do it all.
The mechanics must have hated to see these roll in...........

Back in The Day, shop rates were about $20/hour, the mechanic got half - so half of ($20 *0.1 hour) = $1, one crummy buck.
And it probably NEVER took two minutes in Real Life, as they claim their own mechanics could do it......

I'll bet most shops just submitted claims for the parts, and just blew off the 0.1 hours of Flat Rate.

·
Registered
363 Posts
interesting, now I know why I have one locking and one non locking latch, think I might use my push button latch for a little extra thrill!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Just for kicks I should print these pages out and take them and my tank to a Honda dealer.. :lol:

Act like it's still 1978 the whole time..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:!:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think they are still required to perform the service by law.
Although, i have to agree, the look on the service writer's face would have to be funny.

·
Registered
363 Posts
not a bad Idea gb, my latch is the old type and my cap has the rivet could get shiny new ones for a little time and gas..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I can see it now... As a result of the Hondatwins group, Honda dealerships worldwide start paying out the arse for 32 year old recalls, that they don't even have the parts for more than likely... :lol: All because of a bloke from down under.. ;) :p

If one of you will hit your brakes real hard on one of the listed recall bikes, tear your sack on the latch, getting gas on the wound, then catch on fire, maybe Honda will honor the old recalls.. :shock:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
24 Posts
The normal 'thumb release' fuel cap latches mainly broke because owners didn't push down on the cap before pressing the button.

The button mechanism is fairly delicate and won't stand up to any abuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts