Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing a kick starter and engine mount bolts for a Honda CB77.


Hey Steve, does that old chopped Super Hawk have the kick starter on it? Doesn't have to be pretty chrome either.

Later on, Bill ;)
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,183 Posts
Nope, No kicker crank on that one OR the other CB77 chopper I just got ...(the source of the Big drum for the 90).....Both are just frames and engines, missing almost everything critical......But, at least the latest had wheels ...... The engine on the latest is together enough and complete enough to give me (or someone) the possibility of getting one out of the two though.....Might be you that gets stuck with them (if I get to go out west again)......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
66Sprint said:
Nope, No kicker crank on that one OR the other CB77 chopper I just got ...(the source of the Big drum for the 90).....Both are just frames and engines, missing almost everything critical......But, at least the latest had wheels ...... The engine on the latest is together enough and complete enough to give me (or someone) the possibility of getting one out of the two though.....Might be you that gets stuck with them (if I get to go out west again)......
Ah, might know it. I thought there might be a possibility of there being one on that one. Just my luck. Well, if you DO go out west again, just consider my place a "dumping ground" for them. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, a fellow over on 305.com says he has one that's not pretty but was available. Then, I was also needing the special bolts for the center stand, I won the bid on some on ebay. I was gonna need another gas tank, got one off of ebay that had a couple of dents (cost me $.19 + shipping :cool: ) Still need a set of engine mount bolts (found some in a parts lot on ebay, a little more than I wanted to pay , but there is more than what I'm looking for) I just have to decide whether to go for it or keep looking and hoping for a bit lower price. I COULD substitute the other moint bolts, but the main one is long and I could even take care of that, but I'd like the actual bolts, if I can get them.
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,183 Posts
Bill... I think I found a CB77 kicker and decent centerstand (with bolt)..... Did the CB's kick forwards? ( CRS syndrome).... Steve


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
66Sprint said:
Bill... I think I found a CB77 kicker and decent centerstand (with bolt)..... Did the CB's kick forwards? ( CRS syndrome).... Steve
I'll edit in a pic later this evening......
Yeah Steve, the CB72/77 was the odd one of the bunch and had the "forward" kicker. CA & CL72/77 were the "traditional" type. Take all I can get, long as I can afford them. :D

Catch Ya Later, Bill ;)
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,183 Posts
Pic edited into previous response.... It's very nice condition... I found a rusty one too....
I could probably send it and footpegs, brake pedal, kickstand, and assorted CB 77 bracketry and bolts in a "flat-rate" priority mail box for $10 (shipping cost)... PM or e-mail about the parts.....
:D :D :D Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
66Sprint said:
Pic edited into previous response.... It's very nice condition... I found a rusty one too....
I could probably send it and footpegs, brake pedal, kickstand, and assorted CB 77 bracketry and bolts in a "flat-rate" priority mail box for $10 (shipping cost)... PM or e-mail about the parts.....
:D :D :D Steve
Parts rec'd Steve and greatly appreciated as well! :cool: ;)


Take care, Bill ;)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top