Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an CB400N 1980 that I am rebuilding, its the ugly flat bar steel on the back of the frame model. I am looking for someone preferred based in Sydney that can create and weld a rear hoop and change it to round steel. Pic A current Pic B is what I am after.

I know everyone is but I am on a budget some if someone know a good metal worker that wants to earn some cash on the side.

IMG_6570.PNG outcome 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You might search the Project Log section for the modifications that have been done to the rear frame. This type of modification could easily exceed your budget. The cross members between the rails are structural in nature to keep rear frame flex to a minimum.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The two frames you have pictures of are 2 different designs. Yours the motor forms part of the frame, the other the motor is bolted into a frame that is rigid on it's own. Cutting the tail off and adding the hoop to yours requires more fabricating. When you remove the riser brace, as you intend to, you are removing a structural member, so the modification needs to be done properly (and welded well) to ensure safety and functionality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts