Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

So I've added a 1982 CM450A Hondamatic in candy muse red to my collection. The motorcycle in excellent shape cosmetically, except for the side panels, which were poorly repainted at some point in their lifetime. And they're missing the decals.
None of the decal shops that specialize in vintage motorcycles will do any reproduction work without originals, even though I've presented the work as a "custom" job that looks suspiciously like an OEM product and asked them to quote me accordingly. (If I had originals, I wouldn't need to get them made!)

Does anyone out there own a 1982 CM450A Hondamatic in either candy muse red OR candy muse blue with original side panel decals that are in decent shape?
Would you be able to take a few high quality/high pixel, straight-on photos of both the right and left decals and send them to me?

I'll even accept high quality, straight-on photos of the 1982 CM450C/Custom side cover decals in candy muse red as a reference, since those might be more common.

Thank-you in advance.

PS. If anyone is selling the 1982 CM450A Hondamatic side panels/covers in candy red/metallic red with the original decals already on them, and both the covers and decals are in pristine shape - let's make a deal.
I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Thinking of these? ssidecoversticker.jpg

I saw them on ebay. I think they had others as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No. The decals for the 1982 CM450A Hondamatic were a solid piece, similar to the 1982 CM450 Custom decals. And the writing was of a different style/shape.

I'd like to produce something that looks similar to the original.
To do that, I need high-res, straight on photos.

BTW, The folks that make the decal you posted above (reproductiondecals.com) don't have one for a 1982 CM450A Hondamatic, and wont make me one without an original decal as a reference.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I do, I will let you know.

So far, I can't find a shop that will do the work, or someone who will send me high-quality photos/scans of their decals.
The pixel images need to be converted to vector images, which is a labour-intensive process (from what I've been told).
I might end up teaching myself how to produce vector images... which could take a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still looking for good quality scans of the 1982 Honda CM450A Hondamatic side cover decals - in either blue or red.

Heck, I'll even buy the whole side panel, if it's for sale and priced right.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You might wander through the SOHC Carb section and the Electrical section looking for threads involving the A model. Then PM the owner of the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts