Honda Twins banner

Wanted: electric whiz to create a simplified CB360 Wiring Diagram for the masses!

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  flyinw4 
#1 ·
In a discussion about all the extra wires hanging around from upgrading to a reg/rec combo I was wondering if someone that knows about 360 electrics (definitely not me) could develop a diagram that would simplify the wiring and basically clean up the mess.
I read, possibly in the shop manual, that Honda set up the system so that a minor problem will not affect the rest. However it seems there is a lot of wiring for this simple machine. Someone mentioned up to ten wires running to the headlamp.?! The connection ganglion under the tank is the size of two golf balls or more.
By replacing the stator, regulator, and rectifier with a stator / reg-rec combo I have two dead terminals hanging. That combo already has its own fuse. I can imagine if some have scaled back further (i.e. starter, turn signals removed)

If anyone is up to the task, for the benefit of many, create a wiring diagram to do just that. 'Rewiring for dummies'. Possibly even a few more basic levels. Please excuse me if I'm asking too much or the whole idea is impractical. If it has been solved before (I am pretty new to HT) then disregard - after someone enlightens me on where to find it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Will

See less See more
#2 ·
Run a red wire, with a fuse in it, from the battery post to the switch. Run a black wire, connected to the switch, down the frame backbone and add branches to connect it to the tail light, stop light switches, coils, horn and headlight switch. Run a green/yellow wire from the brake light filament to the brake light switches. Brown/white wire goes from the light switch to the dimmer switch and instrument lights. Light green wire from the horn button to the horn. Green ground wire goes from the frame(top motor mount) to the negative battery terminal, connected to the tail light coil mount and headlight. That's about as simple as it gets.

#3 ·
Can you help be a little more specific in what you want?

[ ] Turn Signals
[ ] Brake lights
[ ] starter button
[ ] key ignition
[ ] Lo headlight
[ ] Hi/lo Headlight
[ ] running light
[ ] instrument lights

This is a simple one I did for my CT70

Attachments

#4 ·
I'm finally back in the loop. I should have waited to start this discussion after getting my engine put back together and running, which will be another month. In the meantime though, Curtis, it would be everything for a stock 360 (hi/lo headlight, not just lo // instrument lights and gauge indicators // no running lights ). The diagram thing helps a lot.

Thanks also, Mike. I think I need more extensive detail in your case. I work better with visual aids. When I finally get going on this thing it will be interesting. Since my daughter bought this thing in June it has been a constant challenge for ME. "Oh, dad, I bought an old, worn down bike that isn't working right. Can you help me (X12)?" Me - I don't know anything about bikes, especially electrics, but sure I'll help. (that was a mistake)

Merry Christmas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.