Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The basket case 72 SL350 I'm resurrecting came with a thoroughly trashed cylinder head and stuck pistons. It came with a spare CL350 motor, but the head on it is also unusable (well, by reasonable standards...) I'm on the lookout for a 350 twin head to keep my build progressing. I understand the SL had different sized valves than the CB/CLs. I don't care, either will do. I'm not doing a faithful restoration, and I'm already using the CV carbs from the CL anyway.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Will a stripped head work for you Pops? Or more correctly, one with trashed parts attached. ;) I think I have one.

If so I'm not far away. I'm going to Martinsburg Sunday anyway. You could meet me there somewhere. The price is right. $0.00 :grin:

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TOOLS - I'm trying to hold the budget on this build...I'm afraid a rebuilt unit from you would eat up my whole budget!! But thanks!!

Oupa - I'm interested - all the valves and springs are fine from the SL and CL heads I already have. And lapping valves is good therapy :grin:

·
Registered
755 Posts
My plans are going to depend on how this rain plays out. There's a vintage national at Hanover, PA scheduled for Saturday. https://www.trail-wayspeedway.com/node/6190
Right now the weatherman is calling for rain all day there. The rain date is Sunday, so... :-?

I was planning to go to my son's house near Martinsburg Sunday, but that's kinda up in the air until I see what happens with the race. That said, we're still not that far apart. I'm near Sharpsburg, MD. I could meet you just about any other day that suits.

Here's the head. Sorry for the crappy photos. The one of the top was unusable. If I remember right, there is at least one bent valve. Two springs and their retainers are missing. Guides are probably shot to. No exhaust studs and I'm keeping the intakes. ;) There are a couple minor bends/dents in the fins but none broken. It's had the crud blasted off but not totally "clean." It is however a genuine 1971 K1 SL 350 head.

WP-20190503-006.jpg WP-20190503-005.jpg

WP-20190503-004.jpg WP-20190503-003.jpg

WP-20190503-002.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
I may have what you need from a K2 SL350. Odometer shows 10k miles. Motor fully assembled at this point, I can strip if necessary. Some covers already gone, clutch etc off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts