Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Folks...

I'm restoring a 1963 CA95 Benly. I am looking for a right rear signal light "socket". (the part that holds the bulb). If anyone has one, i'm looking to buy. If anyone can give me direction on where to find one, I would appreciate it. (Looked everywhere i know of without luck)

Thank You,
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Do you have a picture of it? Maybe others years will work. I could not find turns signals on a CA95 in a Honda fiche.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Call Jd.

I'll get a pic soon and post it.

Your right in that I looked everywhere for a part number and could find no reference to them. Although on "cmsnl" honda....they show them in the parts diagram....with no part number?.

Thanks for the input...
Paul

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I can't imagine why pretty much any Honda single wire turn signal socket that fit into the housing size-wise wouldn't work as long as there was a way to attach it internally... there's nothing special about a single wire socket, they all just use a single element bulb. I wouldn't imagine it to be too tough to adapt another socket from a bike from the general era, say a 350 from the late '60s or early '70s

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I find a lot of repops but no originals.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
weren't signals optional back then (mid-'60s) anyway? I remember seeing a lot of Hondas in that era without them while I was getting started riding and working in the industry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. You are correct in that a standard single wire socket from another era bike may work, however.....the socket itself is mounted on an angled plate which would only fit within the space. If i have to i will "MacGiver" something.....but i'd like to find the original part......not necessarily OEM.
(I'll post a pic later today.....it'll make more sense)

Thanks again guys.....great being part of this forum.
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
is yours broken or missing? A pic would be good, I have repaired the sockets on my younger (than yours) bikes, it is just a wire soldered to a phenolic plate with a spring behind it.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Same as C92 and C95? There were a lot produced and sold.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are a few pics of the part. This one IMG_1718.JPG IMG_1720.JPG IMG_1721.JPG IMG_1722.JPG is from the left side. I am missing / looking for the part for the right side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the reply "RayfromtheUK"....can you send me a link or name to where you have found them?? I can't seem to locate them anywhere online.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts