Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to make a 2 to 1 intake to use this motor on an atv. Not asking for free. I meant no rubber needed.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would advise against it. the carbs will get you the max hp. unless you go turbo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I'm wanting to do is to make this low mileage motor, that came without carbs, frame or external electrics, live again. I will be using my version if flywheel triggered ignition. There is no motorcycle involved, as I have 5 others that run, to fill that role.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not looking for max hp. When I bought this engine and exhaust, the odometer only showed 7 miles, bit it only had one carb boot and no carbs.

After doing a lot of reading, I've come to understand with this 180 deg. engine, I need to run dual carbs. What other engines use the same mounting bolt spacing for the carb boots, as the 450A. I'm thinking I can port to match whatever boots will bolt on and get carbs to fit those boots. Larger venturi carbs can be rejetted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sense I had no stock carbs, I welded up some steel boots and used two Keihin PD41's from a rack of 4, that came off a CB750f. Along with a homemade ignition, this 60 dollar, craigslist find is running. Still got some tuning to do but at least I know that it runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts