Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mine was cracked in one spot on the left side near the left fork top bolt. Looking at what it's made of, I don't think these can be welded?

Thanks-
Phil

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Mine was cracked in one spot on the left side near the left fork top bolt. Looking at what it's made of, I don't think these can be welded?

Thanks-
Phil
Welding is most likely not a viable solution, it's just aluminum.
Best bet is to find a used one.
Now, the top clamp for any disk-brake 450 will "fit" - but the tach/speedo bracket is specific to K6/K7 in your case.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, tbpmusic. Thank you.

If anyone has one for less than the thieves on eBay, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have an extra clamp. I was a bit overzealous when I removed the paint to polish the clamp. No damage other than a few wire wheel marks and heat blisters. It is a bad pic, but you can see it on my 1973 K6. Although the gauges on the bike are aftermarket, the top clamp is original to the bike. I would be looking for $45 plus shipping. Pm me if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an extra clamp. I was a bit overzealous when I removed the paint to polish the clamp. No damage other than a few wire wheel marks and heat blisters. It is a bad pic, but you can see it on my 1973 K6. Although the gauges on the bike are aftermarket, the top clamp is original to the bike. I would be looking for $45 plus shipping. Pm me if interested.
Would you happen to still have that top tripl tree?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry, PK CL200, I no longer have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts