Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get tired of the intermittent electrical gremlins on my 360. The stock wiring is in poor shape, and has been hacked together a few times by previous owners (and me).

I'd like to start with a clean slate, and fix the inadequacies that the stock charging system has. Being a mechanical guy, I really have to pay close attention while doing electrical stuff because it's simply not intuitive to me.

Has anyone here run all new wiring on a 360, and if so what types of stuff did you do to improve functionality and reliability? How did you handle the regulator/rectifier? Pictures? Schematics?

I'm bracing for a long off-season of projects, the wiring being the biggest one.

Thanks in advance,

-MK

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
MK.... Here's the basic wiring (charging circuit)... Everything else is powered from the Black wire after the ignition switch...

If you want a "main fuse", it inserts in the (drawn thinner) section of the red wire between the two "red' annotations........
The power buss (black wire pointing left) should connect to:
both Coils through the "kill" switch
flasher module if running signals
Horn
Switch that activates lights
both "brake light" switches
solenoid (read the following)
IF your starter button shuts off the headlight, the power lead goes to the pushbutton switch and powers either the solenoid OR the headlight, but not both at once....
IF your starter button simply grounds to the handlebar, the solenoid power lead goes directly to the solenoid black wire.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks! I was thinking about buying a regulator/rectifier combo from Oregon Motorcycle Parts. $92 is a bit pricey, but it's a nice compact package that's plug and play.

Anyone used one? Work good?

-MK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts