Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Honda twins members, I'm working with the promoters of Gettyburg Bike Week 2019 to setup a Vintage Motorcycle Display. I invite anyonein the area or who may be coming to the event to bring a vintage bike for the display. Anyone displaying a bike will receive a VIP pass for the entire event, this includes the music venues. The display will be indoors with myself and several vounteers on hand to look after the machines, the building will be locked after hours for security. We are looking for 1985 and older peices, the do not have to run. I would actually like to have a few "barn find" bikes to show. The show is July 11-14th, I will be setting up the display Wed the 10th. This has been a HD dominated event and the promoters and myself would to change that stigmatism. We are looking to get a lot of metric and British bikes. Also thre is a lot of spaces avaliable for the swapmeet area, again we are looking to get some metric and British parts vendors to the show. Pm me for details. Or go to GettysburgBikeWeek.com for info. Hope to see some of our members there. There will also be a Used Bike Coral $10 fee per bike, any model any year. We are working on having a Notary on hand. Thank you. Jamie Gilbert

·
Registered
755 Posts
Cool. While I also own some H-D's I am not what typically comes to mind when you hear that.:D Is this event (still?) affiliated with White Rose M/C??? If not, you certainly should be able to make contact with some local vintage Japanese folks by getting in contact with the club. The Jefferson vintage Japanese swap meet is THE event of the year for a lot of east coast classic Japanese guys. Also, the (former) Classic British & European Motorcycle Day event in MD is evolving to include Japanese bikes this year. Might reach out to them for contacts as well. Classic Moto Day is in May, Jefferson Swaps is in Aug. so your date compliments both, they should be willing to give some advice. Is this going to be at the Fairgrounds? Last show I attended there was (I think) 2015. My primary interest though was the races. When the city shut down the races in 2016, I lost interest.

Keep us posted here at HondaTwins!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. While I also own some H-D's I am not what typically comes to mind when you hear that.:D Is this event (still?) affiliated with White Rose M/C??? If not, you certainly should be able to make contact with some local vintage Japanese folks by getting in contact with the club. The Jefferson vintage Japanese swap meet is THE event of the year for a lot of east coast classic Japanese guys. Also, the (former) Classic British & European Motorcycle Day event in MD is evolving to include Japanese bikes this year. Might reach out to them for contacts as well. Classic Moto Day is in May, Jefferson Swaps is in Aug. so your date compliments both, they should be willing to give some advice. Is this going to be at the Fairgrounds? Last show I attended there was (I think) 2015. My primary interest though was the races. When the city shut down the races in 2016, I lost interest.

Keep us posted here at HondaTwins!
Gettysburg Bike Week was never affilated with WhiteRose MC. They did the White Rose Thunder Show the York Fair Grounds That show died 4 years ago. They stil have the flat tack races though. I have been a vendor at the Vintage Jap Show and swapmeet for over 10 years now , great show!! Hosted by White Rose but promoted By Robin Markey of Bobs Indian Honda. Yes i'm in contact with Robin and the White Rose also working with Jam-on Productions and the people that do their vintage display. Getttysburg bike week is held at the AllStar Complex on Emmitsburg Rd. Hope you can come out and enjoy this event.

·
Registered
755 Posts
White Rose M/C still does hillclimbs and I think some scrambles, but the city closed down the fairgrounds track (for motorcycles) two years ago. Darned shame. That was a sweet track!

I'll mark the date.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There is still time to get your vintage bikes in the Gettysburg Bike Week vintage display (July 11-14). The perk is a free VIP pass to the event and we are having some great music shows this year. PM me if youd be interested, Thank you Jamie

·
Registered
685 Posts
There is still time to get your vintage bikes in the Gettysburg Bike Week vintage display (July 11-14). The perk is a free VIP pass to the event and we are having some great music shows this year. PM me if youd be interested, Thank you Jamie
I would love to come with my bikes but I live now 5970 miles east of Gettysburg what makes it a little difficult. I’ve bought my project bike not far from there in Etters though.
Is the bike week somehow related to David Silver Spares since it’s only 13 miles away?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts