Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just wanted to pop this on the forum, had one for a few years now, sits in my Honda tool kit, really nice little screw driver with JIS interchangeable bits. Saves the usual Phillips head mangling on engine case screws or otherwise. Comes with a JIS 1, 2 and 3 cross head bit and a slotted bit. Also 2 Pozidrive bits.

Bargain at £12.99!

Anyone buying a Honda Twin should purchase a JIS screw driver first!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Yes those are available here in the US, I have one exactly like it I bought online. It is a good, comfortable to use, and versatile screwdriver. It is my go-to in general work.
For tougher demands may I recommend the Vessel Impacta series of screwdrivers. Seldom do novel ideas in tools actually work, but these have not failed me. Very well made, they have a unique cam feature that rotates up to 12 degrees when struck on the end with a hammer giving you the benefit of an impact driver in a stand alone useful regular purpose JIS driver. #3 fits perfectly on stubborn Honda sidecover screws. I simply cannot rave about these enough. If you poke about online you can find them cheaper or you can go direct to the source.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes those are available here in the US, I have one exactly like it I bought online. It is a good, comfortable to use, and versatile screwdriver. It is my go-to in general work.
For tougher demands may I recommend the Vessel Impacta series of screwdrivers. Seldom do novel ideas in tools actually work, but these have not failed me. Very well made, they have a unique cam feature that rotates up to 12 degrees when struck on the end with a hammer giving you the benefit of an impact driver in a stand alone useful regular purpose JIS driver. #3 fits perfectly on stubborn Honda sidecover screws. I simply cannot rave about these enough. If you poke about online you can find them cheaper or you can go direct to the source.

Gonna have to purchase some of those now...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well I already have a hammer impact driver, but those impacta do seem great if the screw has already been broken loose once

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Well I already have a hammer impact driver, but those impacta do seem great if the screw has already been broken loose once
I can tell you from first hand experience it has broken every single one loose that I’ve tried with many of those seemingly been in place for decades.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts