Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Yes I am back. I am still struggling with this 74 CB360. Well we got it timed and running OK but found that the air mixture screw tip was broken off in the right carb body. Replaced the carb body and put it all back together and couldn't get it to start. Turns out I had the new coils wired wrong and fried them. Oh well, live and learn right? Anyway, I got new stock type coils and put them on. It runs but not well. Got really good spark on the right but very weak to almost no spark to the left. Before the coil thing happened I replaced the points plugs and condenser. I tested at the points with a test light and it just barely will light the test light at the points on the left. The right side is strong and bright. Could I have damaged the condenser when the coil got hot? Or is a bad new coil the most likely cause? Any help is appreciated.

JimK

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Swap the leads for the condenser and see if the problem moves to the other side.

The Condenser is a Twinned Unit (2) mounted together - it has (2) leads one for each set of points.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Swap the leads for the condenser and see if the problem moves to the other side.

The Condenser is a Twinned Unit (2) mounted together - it has (2) leads one for each set of points.
Thank you, I will try that tomorrow.

JimK

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delay but the solution was so simple it is a little embarrassing. It was just a loose wire to the left points. Every thing is working good now. Thanks for the help.

JimK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts