Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Valves/Torsion Bars for the ...292... 450 models interchangable with the ...283...models? I have a line on some NOS A and B TBs and In/Ex valves that are ...292.... and I'm wondering if I can use them on a '66 BB I'm rebuilding. rollie

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
There was a recent thread here where we measured some Bomber valves and some 5-speed valves.
You can search for it, but they were the same in every measurement.
So, they're not officially interchangeable, but they might work anyway, can't really say.
There may differences in the retainers or something, I'm not able to take it any further since I don't have a Bomber.

I think it was one of our Canadian friends here - maybe he'll see this..............

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
The torsion bars are a straight swap :) The later K0 parts manuals list the 292 torsion bars as the replacement for the 283 so they are ok ;) But the valves are a different story, my manuals do not show the interchangeability of the 283 and the 292 valves :( I have some 283 NOS valves but only inlet and Both inlet and exhaust 292 valves, so could do a measure up and solve this question once and for-all :!:

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Bomber valves and 5 speed measure up the same. I just acquired a spare K2 head for spares and the valves measure the same as my 66 Bomber. The torsion bars are also identical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the info. The deal for the TBs fell through,so the hunt continues. But the new valves are on the way. Bill, has the $ for the patches arrived? rollie

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts