Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Couple of quick questions concerning my cb350G, 1973

1) Does anyone know the part# for the valve seals? I could not find the part# in the Honda Parts manual and all of the usual on-line sources (eBay etc) may show in the description that they are for CB350 twins but when you drill down they actually only specify 350 Fours. For all I know it's the same part but I would like to confirm.

2) I'm replacing the cam chain tensioner and have been looking at the KA1 unit from BoreTech. https://bore-tech.com/product/350-cam-chain-tensioner-ka1. Anyone have experience with these?

I'm sending my heads off to Toole (from this site) to have the head done and he can remove the bit of material required for install but I'd like to get some feed back before I commit to this.

Thanks so much,

Paul

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Original 350s don't use seals. Aftermarket may be a different story.

Ka slipper is well liked by some, for racing. For street it should be fine though I haven't heard otherwise. Some folks prefer the rubber rollers, others have tried Teflon or delrin or metal. One thing about the KA is you need to install a particular cam chain(tsubaki) to help it slide smoother.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Doode,
Yes you are correct. I sure didn't know. In talking with Toole, it's common practice to add them to reduce the small amount of oil that would get in there with out them. He's going to get them for me when he does the head.

As far as the cam chain tensioner I've heard so many opinions about which is best (including stock) that I'm not sure what to think. It's such a critical component that I'll spring for the Ka and new chain...if nothing else it looks much more robust than the OEM design.

Good luck with finishing the engine and getting her running this weekend!

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The small amount that can get into the guide by splashing around is needed to keep the stem lubricated.

You would be hard pressed to improve on Hondas design in this area.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I forgot, I think with the tsubaki chain you need trim some rubber off the cam sprocket. You'll want to check it's riding on the sprocket and not the rubber

1 - 6 of 6 Posts