1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
The headers in the second pic look like contenders. The ones in the first pic kick up too much at the muffler joint to be 360, and are too angular.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Yep...First link are stock CJ 360 header pipes.... Might be perfect for anyone looking to make up a 2 into 1 system....They are a bit short (stock)...they only go back about an inch and a half beyond where they change to black on my bike below, but that's what I used..... Second link are cb 360 stockers.... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bow before your Twin knowledge Steve :)

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Kruk... That's not knowledge...It's remembering an accumulation of 45 years of "don't do it like I did" type mistakes, and their solutions/cures.....LMAO!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I am starting to change my mind and I am considering #2. Here are pics from the seller. The rust around the inlet looks worse on the flipside. These look like a good candidate for VHT paint or header wrap. The price looks good enough to just buy em for "just in case" what do you think?

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Standard reply #1....You can't have too many spares for a bike you are working on...
If they are cheap enough, buy them......Parts have a way of becoming suddenly scarce and/or expensive......

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a feeling I would get that response :lol:

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Now you know how a few project bikes became a bike junkyard....LMAO!

·
Registered
148 Posts
[/quote]

Hey Steve,
Do you have any pics on how that seat was made? Pan, foam, & upholstery?

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
That's a stock pan (cut down with tin snips),.... foam carved (with a bread knife).... with the original cover really S T R E T C H E D over it so the seams fell at the pan edges....Pop-riveted to the pan.... I did it myself because I couldn't afford the upholstery shop prices......Sorry, no additional pics......
:D Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts