Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all. Stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere after a long ride. Bike ran like a champ for 4 hours, then the eBay special LED headlight started flickering and then died, and now it feels like im not getting any charging. Bike is showing all the symptoms of a dead battery. Does the headlight require continuity to charge...?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wouldn't think you would need continuity to charge. After all, the bike does have an off/low/high switch and it wouldn't make sense for the bike to die if a headlight blew. However, you could be getting a large current draw on your LED headlights (especially if you saw it flicker) if a wire is shorting or something. If you unplug that, can you get it to run? I'm assuming you still have kick start as an option. Due to the hour, I'm assuming you really need the headlight to get home...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The headlight is not required for charging. More likely your battery is dead/no longer can hold a charge or that your regulator/rectifier have crapped out.
Are you still running the OEM r/r?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Running a Sparck Moto R/R and harness. Unfortunately having to call in friends with truck, it’s too dark to ride with the dead headlight now. Crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts