Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a pic, but a video. Hung the Flip around my neck in a holder and took the attached while riding through the grittier part of town. Watch out for hobos!

Then there was this guy, who wanted a piece of me. I slowed down a bit, and when he made his move, hit the throttle. . . .

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Is it Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehauken area?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Gritty urban adventure!

Two things come to mind about the CL350:
When was the last time you adjusted your valves (clicking)?
What the heck is that 1" rectangular white plastic peice sticking out of your right switchgear, on top of the bars? :?:

·
Registered
121 Posts
at the gas station the guy you pulled in behind was new york, just assumed, didnt have the sound on so couldn't telll

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sandman said:
Gritty urban adventure!

Two things come to mind about the CL350:
When was the last time you adjusted your valves (clicking)?
What the heck is that 1" rectangular white plastic peice sticking out of your right switchgear, on top of the bars? :?:
I adjusted my valves a couple months ago, they are a lot better than they used to be, but maybe they need additional refinement. I think part of the issue is that the camera is inside a padded holder, so it only picks up the high-pitched engine noises--in real life, it is more of a roar. But I will be checking the valves/timing/advancer next wrench session.

And very observant on my switch "mod." A month or so ago, I bought a CB125 switch so that I could use the front wheel brake light switch on the handlebar, since the cable-switch type is pretty much unobtanium, but the switch I bought (on eBay, from Thailand) has a buggered housing, it won't clamp down on the handlebar tightly enough to stop it from shifting, so I split a small piece of fuel hose and put it there as a temporary fix. I just got a replacement switch (with a spot for the brake light switch AND a starter button) in polished aluminum, so that is also going in next wrench session.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RATCOLLECTOR said:
at the gas station the guy you pulled in behind was new york, just assumed, didnt have the sound on so couldn't telll
You would have been able to tell from our horrible NJ accents? :lol: Yeah, I didn't speak about anything, so the sound wouldn't have helped. ;)

That spot is pretty close to the Holland Tunnel, so there are a lot of limos that come out to gas up on our cheap, cheap Jersey nectar. Even with the toll back into the city, they can save $20 a tankful.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
You blew a stop sign @ ~1:30 in the video, tisk tisk!

The dirt roads were a little surprising, i didn't see those coming.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
That spot is pretty close to the Holland Tunnel, so there are a lot of limos that come out to gas up on our cheap, cheap Jersey nectar. Even with the toll back into the city, they can save $20 a tankful.
I was in that neck of the woods once when I was a brand new rookie truck driver, with a 48' flatbed trailer. They gave me bad directions -- wrong exit number! I squeezed it into a large gas station and started asking for directions. The first 3 people didn't speak English. The next 3 didn't know where they were either. Finally, I asked a guy who said, "I don't know bud, but go find whoever's drivin' that big truck there -- those guys always know where they're goin'." :lol:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JeyLux said:
You blew a stop sign @ ~1:30 in the video, tisk tisk!

The dirt roads were a little surprising, i didn't see those coming.
You are not the first person to point out the stop sign. :lol: That's not a real stop sign (not DOT approved). A construction company with a parking lot at that corner nailed it up to get people to slow down around that corner. It isn't an intersection, it is a (blind) 90 degree right turn with no other arteries feeding into it.

That's not dirt, that's toxic waste. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fxray said:
I was in that neck of the woods once when I was a brand new rookie truck driver, with a 48' flatbed trailer. They gave me bad directions -- wrong exit number! I squeezed it into a large gas station and started asking for directions. The first 3 people didn't speak English. The next 3 didn't know where they were either. Finally, I asked a guy who said, "I don't know bud, but go find whoever's drivin' that big truck there -- those guys always know where they're goin'." :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have helped your brethren in the same situation. The worst is when they get onto the side streets and can't even make the next turn. Doh!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tbpmusic said:
Not intentionally hijacking your thread, but here's a REAL Urban Hooligan........

[youtube:1cttxty3]XihQeZpwqpE[/youtube:1cttxty3]
1. That's not urban, he's got no cross traffic, no pedestrians, no dogs. :D While he is a crazy lawbreaker, at best, he's only a crowded highway hooligan.
2. I have a video of me commuting into NYC during rush hour on my CT90 that would make your teeth curl. I had to make it private on YouTube so that the wife won't see it. :D
3. My title was tongue in cheek. :D I have a wife (who works in a hospital) and two kids, I'm not going to let some open door end all that. The hooligan aspect of my vid simply is riding on railroad property and on top of a demolished building foundation. Twenty minutes before I shot that, there were two police cars going through there chasing out skateboarders and hobos. :lol:

Last night my wife was delayed getting home from work--they had a late case, a guy who had a motorcycle accident and crushed his C2. She's seen more than her fair share, I don't need to worry her by riding dumb.

·
Registered
363 Posts
nice vid Bill, I don't think I could have squeezed my handlebars through some of the gaps that guy shot.. Watching it I'd say the Russians have much better lane discipline than the jack wads I spend my morning commute with on I90 going into Boston.. now that Massachusetts passed their no text messaging law, I think everyone drives worse, now they are holding the phone in their lap to hide it from the cops instead of up on their steering wheel where they occasionally averted their gaze to the road!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts