Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
thanks for taking the time to read. Quick question: I just bought new shocks for my '72 CL350 and there seems to be too much space on the upper shock mount and the washer/nut holding it on. What should I use for a spacer - a couple wider inner diameter washers? I'd like to keep it clean and as close to original as possible.

IMG_0929.JPG
*photo uploaded sideways for some reason

Thanks Fellas

·
Registered
219 Posts
are the top mounts the same width as the originals? that is a lot of space to make up. washers would work, but it won't look pretty.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I can tighten the nut al the ways in and there is still wiggle room - about 1/4 to half centimetre. Yeah, washers would work, but I agree, it’s be a tad ugly.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I do not think anyone would notice a couple washers used as spacers. If they did, and had the audacity to say something about it then tell them to cough up the $$$ to have custom spacers machined.
TOOLS

·
Registered
832 Posts
You are missing the grab handle that fits in there. If no grab handle then put in a washer.

Grab handle makes lifting the bike onto the center stand easier and avoids grabbing the seat pan that will end up being bent.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tools and Boomer. I’ll look into the handle - didn’t even think of it. Will likely go the washer routes and use your answer Toolsfor anyone who questions it! Ha. Cheers Fellas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts