Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member with a "ride quality" question.
I've had this low mileage 1969 CB450 for a few years and every time the speed gets above about 40 mph the front wheel seems to become unstable (for lack of a better word). I've been riding bikes - mostly small Japanese machines - for over 40 years and have never experienced anything like this. It is scary and I sometimes think I may lose it!
From what I've read on this forum, there are some VERY experienced and generous members who seem to be quite willing to help the rest of us.
Anyone care to suggest a few things I should check??
Thanks in advance.
LarryE

·
Registered
608 Posts
check wheel bearings, tire bead seated properly all the way to rim, front fork stem bearings (fork should turn smoothly without any shake or binding) lastly bad rear swingarm bearings can cause front end wobble
where are you located at Larry? maybe someone is close enouh to take a look and help you out

·
Registered
363 Posts
if the bike does it going straight on smooth pavement its probably wheel bearings, tire issues or a tweeked triple tree I'd pull the whole front end apart and reasemble checking everything for tightness and smoothness. read bills thread on swingarm bushings its a sticky on the cb450 forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts