Honda Twins banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
That is what I do/did.

[/QUOTE

When i need to replace my filter element/s I do what has been suggested here and use all the stock parts and get some green Uni-Foam in the flat package and cut it to size and glue it in.The Uni-Foam itself flows more air than stock paper or foam filters and that's a good performance improvement.I also have a 1981' CB125S with a high flow ported head and exhaust system on it's new XL185S engine I installed.The CB125S came with a stock foam(w/ very small pores,same size as the XL185S) round filter over a metal screen that acts as a flame-trap if it backfires. I'm enjoying how the bike runs as i fine-tune it.I think it's very difficult to improve on the stock airbox/rubber intake hose system as it gives you the best low-end and mid-range performance of any other filter option.The low to mid-range throttle response is what we all use the most on our street bikes,all that stop n' go.. The experience i've had so far over the years is this:The Uni-Foam Replacement Improvement ALONE will compensate(the blue Uni-Foam as pictured above is the highest flow) for a high flow big bore kit installed plus cam,etc. MORE than pods,as far as All-Out street performance through the entire throttle position and rpm ranges Especially w/ CV carbs. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
All this being said... has anyone just pulled out the old filter and just cut a block of oiled unifoam to just fit in the air box? Seems it would be much more practical and easy to clean and re oil.. I could be completely off base, just wondering:)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts