Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just rebuilt my cm450e engine for the 2nd time this year.
Have not started her yet.
and one of the bolts seem to be leaking. one of the center ones to be specific. on the lower case half.
I did all the bolts to torque spec.
should I crank them a touch tighter ? or seal the bolt with hondabond ?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
* I believe it is a 10mm bolt.. Centerfold on the case. Haven't started yet and it's leaking
More of a weep than a leak. But still. I'm thinking about putting hondabond around the bolt end

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You can do that. The part that concerns me is that bolt, as with all of the others, clamps 2 mating surfaces together. If oil is making it's way down the bolt that indicates the mating surfaces aren't touching for some reason.
There is the possibility that this oil is old residual oil left in the thread bore and is draining out in which case it will stop as soon as that oil is gone. You could remove the bolt and spray carb cleaner inside to speed that process up.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since it was in the middle. I know I was lenient with the hondabond in that area. around the sides I put quite a bit.
I am going to put a bit down the thread one the threads are in. and hope it seals. I really do not want to remove it again lol

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Wait a minute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this guy wants to fix it the first try?????????????????what a novel idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts