Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
We should re-name this place "Hondadonotorderaftermarketcarbkitstwins.net".

Aftermarket kits contain hard parts (jets etc) which are generally not needed and often not correct for the application. Float valves in particular are problematic on these carbs.

Get the authentic Honda gasket set. In your case you have Keihin VB22J carbs, the part number is 16010-413-405.

If you need float valves the part number is 16155-413-751.

There are a couple of stickies that should be helpful:

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/6...2-honda-service-bulletin-450-drivability.html

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/63-fuel-supply-carburation/24191-rebuilding-vbulletin-carbs.html

If you like we can move this topic to the SOHC fuel/carb section for you.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C’mon now? I never said I was ordering aftermarket parts!! That’s an assumption you had. Lol. Just couldn’t find which part number to use. Actually just needed the float bowl gaskets...

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
It's just been repeated ad nauseam around here that aftermarket carb kits include so many things that you might as well throw away because they, like Clymer and Haynes manuals, aren't completely correct despite implying that they are :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Ancientdad I was just busting their chops for busting mine. All good fun.. I don’t ever take things too serious, but all jokes aside Honda doesn’t offer a lot of parts like I thought they would for this Nighthawk. Guess I’ve been out of the motorcycle game too long... Some stuff you have to try and find aftermarket or scroung around as I’m sure you’re well aware of..

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Some stuff you have to try and find aftermarket or scroung around as I’m sure you’re well aware of..
oh yeah... I've spent literally hundreds of hours looking for stuff for my 450 in the last 2 years, probably as much time as I've actually worked on it. and, the bike world changes faster now like everything else has in the last couple decades, so there's that too... as LDR has said many times, the aftermarket world pretty much ignored the 400 series and apparently the popularity when current didn't equate to what Honda might have expected too, so the end came sooner than maybe we might have thought for factory stuff. I was out of bikes for 19 years after 1994 when I sold my last one before getting divorced, and couldn't have told you if anything was still available from Honda for a 450 then either - and that was a similar time period elapsed, so probably wasn't

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I bought this 1982 Nighthawk thinking parts would be easier to find compared to say a 76 cb750? But those bikes have became so expensive now. Seems like I remember when you could buy those for under 1200$,.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts