Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been looking for a used Honda CB350 for a minute now, and I just found a guy local to me selling two, both with the color profile I really like. He is asking $2250 for both bikes. I have a friend who is also interested so we would split the cost in a way that is fair - let's call it $1,125 each for the moment. The price just seems to good to be true. Information below and three pictures included.

General Information
- He does not have a maintenance history for the bikes
- Regularly starts both bikes, but does not ride often. Longest ride of the summer has been 1 hour on both bikes

Bike #1: CB350 '73
- Has title
- 19k miles
- Rebuilt engine at 17k
- Rebuilt Carbs, cam chain tensioner tightened, timing adjusted in July

Bike #2: CB350 '71
- No title
- 600 original miles, claims original air filter and registration stickers as proof
- Cleaned carbs, timing in July

Please let me know if I can supply any information, and if there are any questions I should be pushing the owner on.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Price is really good for the pair. Only concern would be the no title bike, that issue can become a major problem depending on where you live. Here in WA it would require a 3 year wait period before a title is issued, meanwhile it can be registered and ridden.
Only other thing that comes to mind would be check compression, 150 or higher is desired. Done with both plugs out, throttle held wide open, no choke and cranked until gauge stops rising, @10 turns.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That does not seem too cheap to me. A few years ago I sold a nice 70 cb350 for $1100, but of course they go a bit higher now. His price is a good deal and it could be he just wants to move them out fast.
The price is not so low to be an obvious CL scam---I don't get those- what is the purpose of advertising a $10k bike for $1500? Someone please explain.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Yeah, no title is a major issue. You said the owner road it for an hour so I would like to know if its registered? I would try to get the owner to get the title before you purchase it. What does he have to say about the missing title? I'm currently trying to get a bonded title for a bike a paid $100 for and it isn't much fun, not a process I would be willing to undertake for something I paid over 1K for.

·
Registered
169 Posts
All depends what state you are in. I am in Maine and all that is needed is a bill of sale and proof of insurance for 1994 and older.
Now, with the Vermont deal, it is much easier for those in hard to title states.

·
Banned
854 Posts
I did look into the Vermont option and from what I could find it wasn't as easy as it used to be to go that rout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts