Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
The fact that the ad is almost a month old is the first sign it’s not that great of a deal. Great deals are gone the same day from my experience. No mention of titles, doubtful they have them, but then again Georgia is registration only for old bikes so getting a tag may not be an issue. If you ever want to sell the bike in the future then no title may make it (them) harder to sell. Both bikes are missing essential parts. Tanks (expensive and harder to find if you want original paint to match the fork components), and of course those seats! They have to go...
The good points are that they appear to be the same model so using both to make one is fairly simple. However, it is 2 essentially complete bikes so if you can find the missing parts why not save them both? No mention if the engines are locked up, that would matter to me. If the exhaust is solid without holes or very much rust pitting that’s a good thing. Same for the fenders. If they are not dinged up and the chrome isn’t pitted then they should clean up well. If you were to strip off the seats and fairing, give them a nice washdown they would look surprisingly nice I think.
It comes down to what you want to do. Do you want to modify and make a custom bike or do you want to stay original? Without knowing any more about them I would say $600-$800 for the pair in the Atlanta market. Definitely on the low side if the engines will not turn over. “Ran when parked” means nothing really. If you really want them put a grand in your pocket and go look at them, offer $800 on the spot. Just realize you will AT LEAST be putting that much more money in getting them complete and running again.
And as always of course these are my opinions and someone else will undoubtedly take issue with some of them.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
And after posting the above I realize the the OP wasn’t even considering buying them to start with. He was just putting the ad out there for others. I guess I should read more carefully before I respond...:roll:

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
625 Posts
Original tires in great condition! Ran when parked! I will never understand why people don't spend an hour cleaning the things they are trying to sell...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts