Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got my 79 Twinstar running. But when I really sat on the bike after getting it all together and got ready to take it onto the street for a test drive, I realized there is no way the mirrors I got for it seem to be aligned for someone of my average height (5'9") to actually be of any use. This is only my second bike my CM400T had no troubles with the mirrors, other than one being missing which I replaced. Is it possible I just need to adjust the handlebar tilt so the mirrors can fall into a usable range? I believe the problem was I couldn't get them low enough, which would be even worse for my girlfriend as she is much shorter than I am. I just am not sure if handlebar adjustment is the normal solution for a problem like this or if there is something else I'm missing here. Could not find any info about Twinstar mirrors via Google either, so here I am again to seek the expert advice of this community.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Pictures might help. Your handlebars may be set at an odd angle, but I kinda doubt it.

Are the mirrors OEM?

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Perhaps the mirrors or handlebars were changed. Seems odd though

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
You should be able to loosen the "nut" that screws into the perch, adjust the position of the mirror arm, and tighten the "nut" while holding the arm in position. This should change the vertical position of the mirrors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was on my list of things to try when I get back to it, but it seemed like that would simply rotate them out of being able to get good left/right adjustment ability (if you're talking about the nut on the mirror stem itself). Although I wonder if I could rotate the base that the mirror is screwed into instead, it would bring the brake/clutch handles and buttons along with it but that might not be such a problem, they seem twisted kind of high to me anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Now that sounds like a plan. Let us know how it works out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts