Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at my wits end! I've done a Humpty Dumpty with my bikes engine! What started out as a sized starter rotor has turned into a major problem. The engine is about 3/4's assembled, (No carb in place, No starter, left side not completely together.) I'm working on the kick start. I can not for the life of me get it to sit and work as it should. I have two complete kick starts and neither work properly. Things I've considered, shift drum is not set right, (lines up with the neutral sender) transmission was not put back together correctly, ( Yet, the engine can be turned over and it seems to go through the gears), kick start spring(s) is/are worn. Do I just put the engine back into the frame, continue to put it back together and somehow do away with the kick start?

1980 CM200T Twinstar.

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
119 Posts
The Honda Rebel 250 never came with a kickstarter. The Kickstarter from the Twinstar can easily be installed into the Rebel. So, yes it can do without. Whether you want to do this or not is your choice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Honda Rebel 250 never came with a kickstarter. The Kickstarter from the Twinstar can easily be installed into the Rebel. So, yes it can do without. Whether you want to do this or not is your choice.
Don't have a clue why you posted that in response to my post. Are you implying that doing away with the kick start is do-a-bal because the Rebel doesn't have one? Thought about it. Wondering if the cover for the Rebel will fit the Twinstar other wise there is the shaft hole to contend with.

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
119 Posts
I know a TwinStar cover will fit on the Rebel. So I'd assume that they would fit the other way around. I believe there might be a little bit of a problem with the way the clutch plates are though. I can't really remember specifically. I do have both bikes, so I could delve into it a little bit more deeply, (when I have the time). And yes, I've had to bore my Rebel cover to get the kickstarter to fit the Rebel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts